When you install ceramic briquettes into your gas grill, you can expect the right amount of heat for your meals. Thanks to their unique features, they are ideal for cooking anything from poultry to a delicious pizza.
As you grill with these briquettes, they collect grease and become dirty. If you have excess buildup, the dirt can affect the distribution of heat. Luckily, you can avoid this problem by cleaning the briquettes.
To remove the dirt, you will not require special tools. Besides, you can perform this task within a few minutes. If you are looking for an easy way to clean ceramic briquettes, check out the following steps.
How to Clean Gas Grill Ceramic Briquettes
Before you can clean ceramic briquettes, you will need some items. As soon as you have them, you can easily remove any mess that covers your grill.
- Nylon Scrub Pad or Brush
1. Prepare Your Tools
Gather the items in one spot. To save time, place them close to your workstation. If you don’t have these items at home, head to the local store and get them.
2. Heat the Grill
Allow the greasy part of the briquettes to face downwards. Then put it on the grill and cover it with the lid. Set the heat to high and allow the grill to burn for 15 minutes.
3. Prepare the Grill for Cleaning
Turn off the grill and wait for it to become cooler. Now prepare a hot soapy solution in your kitchen sink. Place some towels at the bottom of the sink.
4. Wash the Ceramic Briquettes
Put the briquettes into the water-filled sink. Soak them for a few minutes.
Get the nylon scrub and clean out the dirt. If you don’t have the scrub, you can wipe out the mess with a brush.
5. Rinse the Briquettes
Place the briquettes in some clean water. Then remove the soapy residue with a proper rinse. After rinsing the briquettes, dry them properly and install them in the grill.
How to Clean Briquettes Without Water
Some briquettes cannot withstand water. Because of this feature, you might not want to dip them into a bowl filled with liquid.
To clean such models, you might have to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Furthermore, you might also use the following steps:-
- Clean the briquettes with a paper towel and remove the particles.
- Increase the heat and close the lid of the grill. Ensure it remains in this condition between 15 – 20 minutes.
- Scrub with a wire brush to remove stuck-on grime.
How to Install Ceramic Briquettes Into a Grill
Even if you washed the ceramic briquettes properly, you will have to place them into the grill. So if you don’t know how to perform this task, you can use the following steps.
- Open the gas grill and remove all the ash with an ash brush.
- Place the washed briquettes at the bottom of the grill. As you put them in, pack them as tightly as possible. Continue arranging the briquettes until you have covered the space. Then you can replace the grid.
How to Clean Stubborn Stains on Ceramic Briquettes
Sometimes a soak in soapy solution might not be enough to remove burnt-out grime. If you notice such stains on the briquettes, soak them in a pail of vinegar for a maximum of 15 minutes. Scrub the briquettes with a brush and rinse in clean water.
If the stains do not come out, you will have to replace the ceramic briquettes. As expected, these items are available in many online or physical stores.
How to Replace Old Ceramic Briquettes in Gas Grills
As ceramic briquettes get old, they crumble or have tons of stubborn stains. On top of that, they might offer bad smells and flavors. When you observe such signs, it would help if you replaced these items.
- Head to the grill and raise the grill plate.
- Take out the complete ceramic briquette casing that stays above the stainless steel burner.
- Unscrew the six screws at the top of the briquette casing.
- Turn the casing to the other side and remove the washers.
- Open the ends and keep both cases from each other.
- Remove the old briquettes from the casing and dump them in the trash. Also, remove any ash with a brush.
- Place new briquettes into the casing.
- Screw the casing tight with the screwdrivers and washers.
- Return the briquette casing to its original position.
When Should I Clean the Ceramics Briquettes in Gas Grills?
If the grill does not cook your meals evenly, then you will have to clean out your ceramic briquettes. You might also wash these items especially if they add a weird flavor to your food.
Why Should I Clean My Ceramic Briquettes in Gas Grills?
There are tons of reasons why you should remove any dirt from your ceramic briquettes. First, greasy stains on briquettes can attract various pests including cockroaches and rodents. Also, food drippings might gather on the briquettes and create an unhealthy smell and taste. You can avoid these issues by cleaning the briquettes properly.
When is the Best Time to Clean Ceramic Briquettes in Gas Grills?
Instead of waiting for the briquettes to have excess grime and dirt, you should clean the briquettes immediately after every use. With this hack, you can prolong the service life of the items. Since you will not need new briquettes, you should save some cash.
Tips for Using Ceramic Briquettes in Gas Grills
Ceramic briquettes do not require much care. However, you should use the following tips to make them last better.
- Consult the owner’s manual for any cleaning advice because every model requires special methods for removing any dirt.
- Allow the briquettes to heat properly before cooling with them.
- Before using the grill, ensure that there are no gas leaks. If you notice any issues, contact a local technician in your area.
- Use the right size of briquette tray in the grill.
SEARCH ALL BEST CHOICES
Top Posts & Pages
Garden and Outdoor9 months ago
8 Best Built-In Gas Grills for 2022
Garden and Outdoor10 months ago
10 Best Commercial Zero Turn Mowers In 2022
Tools9 months ago
10 Best Milling Machines for 2022
Blog9 months ago
5 Best Commercial Vacuum Sealers (2022 Review)
Garden and Outdoor9 months ago
10 Best Propane Grills [2022 Review]
Electronics10 months ago
Best Surveillance System 2022 – Buyer’s Guide
Blog9 months ago
5 Best Commercial Espresso Machines For 2022
Home Improvement9 months ago
Best MIG Welder 2022 – Buyer’s Guide